I am a product designerd currently working at PlanetScale. Before that, I worked at GitHub for 9 years. [View my read.cv profile]
I’ve created a few logos for open source projects like Git, Neovim, and tmux.
These are a few of the open source projects I’ve worked on: [View my GitHub profile]
isometric-contributions: 3D GitHub contribution graph (⭑3,388)
geo_pattern: Procedurally-generated background patterns (⭑1,248)
mater: Pomodoro client (⭑531)
cayman-theme: Default GitHub Pages theme (⭑1,500)
beam: A simple message board for your organization or project (⭑1,936)
I live in Columbus, Ohio and I’m married with three children. One is out of college, one’s in college, and the other is 7 years old. I have a degree in Computer Science from Ohio State and I started my career as a Windows developer. I worked with PHP, ASP, and Java before getting into Rails while freelancing in the early 00’s. During this time, my interests shifted towards design.
- Perplexity. The best AI “research assistant” I’ve tried. Pro plans can utilize GPT-4 and Claude 2.
- Doom Guy. New book by id Software co-founder John Romero.
- Reflect. I like the simplicity of this notes app rather than the complexity of Roam or Obsidian.
- Stops. iOS camera app that’s dead simple and creates beautiful, filmic images.
- P3 colors with OKLCH. We’re able to progressively enhance our CSS colors today and this post is a great starting point.
- WezTerm. Nice lightweight Rust-based terminal that uses a Lua config file.